Kardemummakakor is a classic Swedish cookie baked with ground cardamom and ammonia carbonate which give that special texture. You can enjoy them by themselves but with a coffee or hot chocolate, they are fantastic.
- 155g flour
- 85g sugar
- 1tsp ammonia carbonate
- dash vanilla extract
- 1tsp ground cardamom
- 100g butter
- 2tbsp corn syrup
- In a food processor blend the sugar with all the ingredients except the corn syrup
- Once its combined, add the corn syrup
- Roll the dough on your countertop to just over 1/8″ thick. Note if it’s too sticky put it in the fridge for 20 minutes or cover the dough with parchment paper then roll it down.
- Using a cookie cutter ( or a glass) cut out some shape
- Place on a baking tray covered with parchment paper. Note the cookies will expand so leave some room between them
- Bake at 400F for about 6 minutes or until they start to get golden