Looking for an easy tasty & healthy bread to start the day? Look no further! This multi-seeds bread is as good on its own as it is grilled with some butter.
If you switch to a vegetarian diet you quickly need to learn where to replace some minerals you were getting from meat sources. Those 2 seeds are packed with iron, proteins and a bunch of other good stuff. On top of that they taste pretty good too 😉
- 55g raw pumpkin seeds + a little extra for topping
- 50g raw sunflower seeds + a little extra for topping
- 2tbsp sesame seeds
- 8g active dry yeast
- 1 cup lukewarm water
- 250g all-purpose flour
- 170g whole wheat flour
- 2tbsp oil
- 2tbsp honey or maple syrup
- pinch salt
- 1 egg
*Note if you want your bread with extra seeds, just toss some extra in.
- In a stand mixer bowl, combine water and yeast and let it bloom for 10 minutes.
- While you wait, in a mixing bowl, combine the flours and salt
- Once the yeast is bloomed, add about half the dry mix along with the honey and oil. Knead for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the pumpkin and sunflower seeds in along with about half of the remaining flour, and knead for another 2-3 minutes.
- At this point, touch the dough, if it’s still sticky, add more flour and knead for 2-3 more minutes. You are looking for a slightly tacky texture. I usually have to add all the flour
- Ball up the dough and put it back into the stand mixer bowl. Cover with plastic wrap and let it rest for about 90 minutes ( you want it to double in size)
- Remove plastic wrap and punch the dough down
- Shape the dough into somewhat of a loaf
- Lightly oil up a bread pan and put the dough in. Cover with a clean dishcloth or the plastic wrap from the step before and let it have a final rest for about 30 minutes.
- Beat the egg with a little bit of water and brush the dough with it. Sprinkle the extra seeds
- Bake at 375F for 30min
- Remove from the oven and let it cool on a wire rack for at least 20 minutes