Probably one of my favourite Mexican dishes, well it’s not a dish but pico de gallo is so good and so fresh during the summer month and pairs up so well with a nice beer
If you feel creative, feel free to add mango, avocado or if you want to spice things up, replace the jalapenos with a spicier one 😉
- 3 diced tomatoes
- 0-2 finely diced seeded jalapenos ( to taste)
- 1/4tsp salt
- a handful of freshly chopped cilantro (remove the stems)
- 1/2 lime juice freshly squeezed
- 1/2 diced onion
- (Optional) pepper
- In a mixing bowl combine the tomato, pepper, cilantro and onion.
- Add the lime juice and salt then give it a good stir.
- Adjust salt/lime as needed
tip: for best taste, do it 1 day in advance