They are delicious on their own but paired with tartar sauce they are perfect.
I have tried to put measurements on the recipe but truth be told, I just wing it each time so no need to be super precise.
- ~450g salmon filet diced small
- ~1cup panko
- 3tbsp mayonnaise
- 1 beaten egg
- 1/2tsp old bay seasoning or whichever one you like
- 2tsp dill finely chopped
- half a stalk of celery chopped fine ( bell pepper would work too)
- dash lemon juice
- dash of moutarde de Meaux ( use Dijon if you must )
- (optional) diced onion or shallots, green onion, cayenne if you like it hot etc. Be creative 😉
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1tsp minced caper
- 1/2tsp lemon juice
- 1/2tsp lemon zest
- 1 dill pickle chopped finely
- (Optional) Dash of dijon mustard or Meaux /pinch of dill
- First let’s get the tartar sauce out of the way, simply combine all the ingredients, mix and put back in the fridge for later
- For the salmon cake, combine all the ingredients except the panko, only put about 1/4 of it, we will use the remaining one to give it a coating. If it doesn’t hold at all, add some more panko. Shape the salmon cake into a small patty and gently roll it in the remaining panko. Repeat with all the cake.
- Heat a pan over medium heat, add some oil and cook for 2 minutes on each side. Remove and place on paper towels to capture excess oil. I like to crack some fresh pepper + salt on top before serving.