Looking for that healthy side dish to serve your meal? Can be made in advance? Easy peasy super tasty?
Well, I got you back here. This is another recipe passed down when I took my Indian food training.
- 3tbsp oil
- 5-10 fresh cari leaf (I have to drive 45mins to get my hands on those so I usually skip it )
- 1/2 teaspoon black mustard seed (you can use the yellow one too)
- 200gr grated or julienne carrot
- ~18g fresh grated ginger
- a pinch of cayenne pepper
- a pinch salt
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- Heat up a pan over medium heat and add some oil. Drop mustard seed + cari leaf until seed begin popping (~30 seconds). Add carrot,ginger,salt & cayenne pepper, toss for 1-2 minutes . Don’t overcook the carrots as you still want to have a little bite out of them.
- Add lime juice and toss again
Serve at room temperature