These lemon cookies are not only good to eat they also make your house smell lovely. Making those cookies is pretty straightforward but getting the right amount of cooking is another. The perfect lemon crinkle cookies are soft inside but with a light crunch on the outside.
Get your oven on and start baking!
- 1/2 lemon zest
- 1/2 lemon juice
- dash vanilla extract
- dash of salt
- 150g sugar
- 230g all-purpose flour
- ~1/2cup icing sugar
- 110g butter room temperature
- 1/2tsp baking soda
- 1 egg
- In a bowl combine the flour, baking soda and salt. Reserve
- Whip the butter in a stand mixer bowl using the leaf attachment. Add all the sugar and mix until combined. You will want to scrape the bowl midway so it doesn’t clump.
- Add the egg, lemon zest+juice and vanilla extract to the mix. Mix for a minute
- Add half the flour and mix on low speed for a minute. Once combined, add the remaining flour. Mix until combined, do not overmix.
- Transfer the dough to a plastic film and put it in the refrigerator for an hour (ideally 2).
- Preheat oven to 375F
- Transfer the icing sugar into a bowl
- It’s not time to ball up the dough. each cookie needs about 1 tablespoon of dough. Shape each piece into a ball. Dip each ball into the icing sugar and ensure it’s fully coated. While you don’t want to remove the coating, I strongly advise against leaving vast clumps of icing sugar as it will turn “wet”
- Transfer the ball unto a baking tray covered with parchment paper. Make sure they are at least 2″ apart. Even a tad more is preferable.
- Bake until the edge starts to brown a little ( in my oven its about 10 minutes )
- Transfert to wire rack
Store in an airtight container