This is another super easy, super tasty way to have your salmon. The end result of cooking it in the oven is that all the oil in the salmon stays in so it’s very moist.
Also, note the sauce will keep good in the fridge for 5 days.
- salmon filet(s)
- 3tbsp cornstarch
- 1/4cup water
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1 minced ginger ( about the size of a dice)
- 1/4cup brown sugar
- 1/2cup soy sauce
- 3tbsp mirin
- 1tbsp honey
- First, you need to make the sauce, whisk together the cornstarch with the water. Then add all the remaining ingredients and give it another whisk.
- Using a pot, bring the sauce to a boil and let simmer for 3-4 minutes. Reserve and let cool.
- Pre-heat oven to 400F. Cut your salmon filet. Cover a pan with parchment paper or foil and lay your filet on it. Using a spoon pour some of the sauce on the salmon. You don’t want to make a sauce bath here but make sure the top and each side are covered.
- Put some foil on top of the pan ( this will prevent too much browning). Cook for 15 minutes. Remove foil and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Optionally you can lightly brush some more sauce on top of the salmon just before serving.